Monday, October 17, 2011

NAVLEN BACKS DE LUCA/LARRIER

After unsuccessfully challenging incumbent TC Member Vic De Luca and Candidate India Larrier in the June primary, Lee Navlen has come out in support of the Democratic nominees.


In a Patch post, he writes, in part:



I’ve come to believe that real leadership is about stepping up to the plate and getting it done under the most difficult of circumstances. It’s one reason why I will forever be grateful to Mayor Giuliani for his tireless effort following the 9-11 attacks. The same can be said for our Governor Chris Christie who took some extraordinary steps leading up to Hurricane Irene. Locally, I’m proud to say, I can include Maplewood Mayor Vic DeLuca in that conversation.
With thousands of us without power and water following the hurricane, the Mayor rode the utility companies, pushing for answers that all of us needed. Once he knew where they stood, we all knew where they stood. The Mayor demonstrated real leadership and that is why I will be voting for him on November 8.
My other vote will go DeLuca’s running mate, India Larrier. For those of you still unfamiliar with Larrier, I suggest you attend a town meeting. Chances are you’ll find her there doing her due diligence, taking notes and preparing for the job at hand. It’s something she has been doing constantly since she threw her hat into the ring last April. I respect that type of commitment and so should you. She deserves our vote.
De Luca and Larrier face GOP nominees Bart Albini and Joel Zeigler for two township committee seats on Nov. 8. 

No comments: