Friday, August 9, 2013

MAPLEWOOD DELI AND GRILLE SOLD

Owner Sean Flood posted this note at MOL:

I wanted to pen a note to the community to let everyone know that -yesterday, The Maplewood Deli & Grille was sold. 

When I set out on this venture, never in my wildest dreams would I have expected the type to warmth and support which helped shape the personality of the MD&G but also the types of personal connections which helped shape me as a person. 

As many of you may be aware, I was born and raised in South Orange and -like so many others from SO, I consider Maplewood part of my home (cousin towns). We shared a school district, some sports programs, friends, etc... My roots are here and always will be. I'm extremely grateful to have owned and operated an establishment in my backyard. 

Over the years, I hope I brought you an establishment where you always felt welcomed and enjoyed the food/atmosphere. As a parent myself, I also wanted a place where you could feel welcomed bringing your children to eat, draw and (when unattended) ..... "be given an espresso and a free puppy" (inside joke). Physically, I wanted MD&G to be neighborhood place built with some of the characteristics/charm you'd find in an older, romantic SO/Maplewood home ." 

I often tried to get out from "behind the counter" and get to know you. Maplewood is a great town to eat. There are so many choices. I never lost sight of the fact that -in spite of many other great choices, you chose to support my little joint. 

Moving forward, I hope you get an opportunity to greet the new owner. He is both creative and talented ....a great addition to Maplewood. I also hope you will show him the same support and kindness you showed me. "Village" merchants are very dependent on you (the community). Without your deliberate support, we would simply go away. 

I'll close this (already too long) note by saying, I genuinely cherish the relationships I forged with you. I will miss you very much. I hope we see each other around town. 

Thank you all and God bless. 

Sean

No comments: