Friday, May 30, 2014

MMS PRINCIPAL ISSUES ALERT ON VILLAGE BUILDING COLLAPSE

From Maplewood Middle School principal Jeffrey Truppo:

Dear Maplewood Middle School Community Member,

The Maplewood Police Department has informed me that there has been an internal floor collapse in one of the restaurants in Maplewood Village.  While our school is not in danger, I have been asked to keep all students and staff in the building because of the volume of emergency vehicles.  I have also been informed that roads leading to our school have been blocked for safety reasons.

As a result of our proximity to Maplewood Village, our students and staff can hear the emergency vehicles and news helicopters.  I have informed our students about the situation, and explained that I will update them about any instructions for dismissal I may receive from the MPD later this afternoon.  As I write this to you students are in classes where they are supposed to be, engaging in their work as they would on any other day.

I know that as a school community we hope that there were no serious injuries to anyone.  I will update you if our school day is impacted in any other fashion.

Sincerely,
Jeff Truppo   

No comments: