Wednesday, August 26, 2015

LOCAL BLOGGER'S DEPRESSION STORY WORTH A SECOND LOOK

One of our favorite local bloggers, and people, is Tammy Palazzo. Regular readers of her Life Stories blog know she can turn a phrase better than most.

We regularly link to her on our blog list at right. One of her best pieces was on the trials of depression and the need to seek help. It's worth a re-notice even today.

Tammy writes, in part:

 Recently, I went through an extremely dark period.  It felt like it came out of nowhere but, upon reflection and analysis, there were many triggers including work stress, holidays, and some challenging personal relationships.  I realized it was chasing me down and I was running from it like an animal being hunted as prey.  I just didn’t consciously realize I was scurrying from capture until it caught me and pummeled me.  

When I saw the face of my demon, I recognized instantly that it had been sneaking up on me for a while.  Unfortunately, once I thought I got rid of the beast, I relaxed a bit and was shocked when it quickly reappeared and lingered  like a stalled-out hurricane.  It blew in, did some destruction and then seemed like it was moving out to sea.  Much to my surprise and severe disappointment, it changed direction and ended up blowing back in, this time much stronger and hanging on for a much longer period of time.  I was absolutely certain I was having a nervous breakdown. 

The darkness was so severe and so intense that I could not see my way to clarity.  I did not think the clouds would ever pass, that the winds would ever let up or that the rain would stop pouring down.  But, as is always the case with storms, they do pass and the sun shines through the clouds offering the hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Read it all HERE. Thanks Tammy

No comments: