Saturday, July 20, 2013

FIRED DPW WORKER STORY GOES NATIONAL

This from AOL News:

Maplewood, NJ, frequently referred to as one of America's most liberal and tolerant towns, fired an employee for "profanity-laced" Facebook comments criticizing gay marriage, liberals, and abortion, according to a Maplewood Patch report. The town's mayor called the comments "appalling."

Sam Falcetano Jr., who posted on a publicly-viewable Facebook page called "Memories of living in South Orange, NJ or Maplewood, NJ," allegedly made homophobic slurs and complained about "liberals who have voted for Obama [and] ruined the Maplewood I grew up in." The Patch reports:

Some posts contained allegedly more graphic comments. The posts were reportedly removed late on July 15, after town officials learned of it. In the posts, Falcetano reportedly identified himself as an employee of Maplewood.

In a public photo on his own Facebook page, he and some other posters make fun of his picture, stating that he looks "gay."

When reached by AOL Jobs, Falcetano said: "I can't really say too much. My union is working on it. I feel that I exercised my first amendment rights. My union told me not to speak with anybody."

No comments: