Monday, November 18, 2013

KENNY LOGGINS AT WORDS BOOKS TONIGHT

Recording Star Kenny Loggins will be at Words Bookstore tonight at 6:30 p.m. to sign copies of his new children's book, Frosty the Snowman, which also includes a CD of three songs.

More information on it HERE.

We caught up with Loggins for a quick Q&A. See it below:


Tell us about this project and why you wanted to do a holiday-related song book?



“Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary asked me to consider and I jumped at the chance. Peter has an imprint called Peter Yarrow books.”



 How did you get started in music and what was your big break?



“My first one is House of Pooh Corner by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, then when Clive Davis signed Loggins and Messina to Columbia Records.”



As the father of five, did you sing many holiday songs to them? And what role did that have in this newest project?



“I sang a lot of bedtime songs to my children over

the holidays...then I replaced myself when I recorded my children's albums.”





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice interview....thanks for the headsup!