Monday, November 4, 2013

WHO IS REALLY RUNNING FOR THE SCHOOL BOARD?

When the school board election was moved to November, you knew it would not come easy.

Witness the case of one Marian Cutler, one of the five candidates running for the three seats tomorrow, but apparently not known to all.

Cutler has been alerting residents far and wide that she is actually running, despite a story in The News-Record that did not mention her. One reason might be that much of the story was about a candidates' debate Cutler did not attend.

However, it oddly stated that "Residents should note that former candidate Marian Cutler is no longer running; although her name will appear on the ballot, residents should not vote for her."

Cutler says this is not true and that the paper did not even contact her, as per this notice she sent out this weekend:

Neighbors. Wanted to emphatically state I am running for a seat on the BOE. Personal circumstances kept me from campaigning the past few weeks, but my passion for our District remains very high.

Many have asked about an erroneous report in the News-Record NJ stating I was not running and not to vote for me. Fact is not one person from the News-Record staff ever contacted me prior to running their misleading report.

I have a lot to bring the BOE and welcome the chance to talk with anyone about my candidacy. Ask me anything. You can post here or write me personally at marian_cutler@msn.com. If you email me, I will answer you via email and post just the question and answer (keeping names out it) here as well.


Together, let's build bridges between our classroom and boardroom.

Marian
True, a look at the official ballot we all received in the mail finds that Cutler is running. One would think the News-Record would double-check such things. Although Cutler, by her own admission, has not been camaigning due to "personal circumstances" and was not at the last candidates forum. She also sent out what was likely a pricey robo-call over the weekend.
For the record, the other four candidates include incumbents Beth Daugherty and  David Giles and challengers Stephanie Lawson-Muhammed and Johanna Wright.

No comments: