Thursday, June 7, 2012

NAVLEN - DE LUCA MOL SHOOT AROUND

Lee Navlen, the former Township Committee candidate who challenged and lost a primary campaign against Mayor Vic De Luca and TC Member India Larrier last year, regained some notice at MOL this week by posting that he would not run in this year's contest as an independent.


He posted, in part: 


There have been rumors floating around for some time that I might actually make a go of it this year as an "I". Well, despite overtures from both sides, I have decided that it's not going to happen. I'm a proud Democrat and that's all there is to it. Regarding Primary day, I am asking that my supporters get behind Ryan/Leventhal. Both are highly qualified public officials who really do care about Maplewood. 


Then, this week, in a different MOL thread I started about the 10th Congressional race, Navlen took a shot at Mayor De Luca's endorsement of Ron C. Rice, stating:


Payne's win was a no brainer. It makes you wonder why De Luca would endorse a candidate (Rice) with virtually no chance of winning. As it stands now, he's publicly against two very important figures in Maplewood's battle for property tax relief. (Christie and Payne) 


Mayor De Luca fired back Wednesday, starting this back and forth at MOL:



  • On another thread Lee Navlen posts about Payne "From what I can tell he's an idiot" and he wonders why I endorsed Ron Rice, who I think is the best prepared to serve in Congress.

    I forgot how much a Christie guy Lee Navlen is. Christie borrowing transportation funds to pay for his income tax cuts while we suffer from property taxes that are too high. Another broken campaign promise.

    I support the Democrats' plan for reinstating the "millionaires income tax" for the purposes of property tax relief.

  • Mr. Mayor,

    I have no issue with Rice. I just thought that you publicly endorsing a candidate who seemed like a lost cause, a little unusual. I'm sure you had your reasons but it wasn't your greatest moment. In any case, yes, I like Chris Christie, just like you liked Corzine.
    Post edited by strawberry at 2012-06-06 14:22:44
  • vicdeluca said:
    On another thread Lee Navlen posts about Payne "From what I can tell he's an idiot" and he wonders why I endorsed Ron Rice, who I think is the best prepared to serve in Congress.

    You should not have bothered to comment. Nobody really cares what Mr. Navlen thinks.
  • nohero said:
    vicdeluca said:
    On another thread Lee Navlen posts about Payne "From what I can tell he's an idiot" and he wonders why I endorsed Ron Rice, who I think is the best prepared to serve in Congress.

    You should not have bothered to comment. Nobody really cares what Mr. Navlen thinks.


    I got 400 votes last year during a primary. How many people have ever voted for you? Oh, that's right, you don't want people to know who you are. You like being the little big mouth behind the mask.

    Here's a thought. If you had a nickle for every anonymous word you've written on the internet you'd be worth a few billion dollars by now. To me, that's like dying alone. Seems kind of sad. 


Wonder if this has started something or ended something?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee Navlen would make a great Mayor. His honesty is refreshing.