Monday, February 1, 2016

BROWNLEE DECLINING RE-ELECTION TO PURSUE NEW BUSINESS OPTIONS

We told you Friday about Township Committee Member Marlon Brownlee choosing not to run for re-election this year.

Brownlee issued a statement Monday indicating he wanted to "pursue new business opportunities."

See the entire statement below:

One of my favorite quotes is from former congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, who said that "service is the rent that we pay for the privilege of living here on this earth". I have put that principle into practice over the years as I have volunteered in our community as PTA president, president of the PTA Presidents Council, Chair of the Board of Trustees for the Community Coalition on Race, coach of boys and girls basketball teams, and in many other ways as well. I am honored to have been elected twice to the Maplewood Township Committee, and I have done my best to serve all of the residents of Maplewood during my time in office. I do not, however, plan to run for re-election as I am pursuing new business opportunities. I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to those who have supported me, and to those who have expressed kind words about me and wished me well after hearing of my decision.

Brownlee is the only TC Member whose seat is up this year.

No comments: