Mayor Vic Deluca announced the new restrictions during Tuesday night's Township Committee meeting.
While he said the Essex County Prosecutor's Office had not determined a cause for the six-alarm blaze that struck on Feb. 4 and destroyed the final portion of the 235-unit complex, Deluca said propane heaters were in use and would no longer be allowed.
He also said the Township will ask that developers of other similar projects in town also not use such heaters.
The mayor added that the reconstruction of the destroyed portion will begin in March, with the completed project likely finished by the end of 2017.
See his entire update below: