Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CHS TRACK STAR OLIVIA BAKER TO ATTEND STANFORD

The Star-Ledger reports:

Olivia Baker of Columbia, one of the greatest track and field stars in New Jersey history and one of the top recruits in the nation, made her eagerly anticipated college decision on Tuesday afternoon.
The winner is Stanford!!!
Baker, who also visited Virginia, the University of Southern California, and Texas, said the decision wasn't easy.
"I wasn't one of those people that knew right when I walked on the campus that I would be going there,'' said Baker, who visited Stanford the second week of November. "I had lots of lists (pros and cons) for each school that I spent a lot of time analyzing.''
Why Stanford??
"I felt it gave me the right combination of academics and athletics that I was looking for,'' said Baker, who also plans to attend medical school and become a neurosurgeon. "I want to major in biology, and biology is of the top majors at Stanford.''

Read the rest HERE.

No comments: