Friday, April 3, 2015

LOSS OF A MAPLEWOOD FRIEND: LAURA NICHOLS

Sorry to hear of the passing of Laura Nichols, a great friend of Maplewood and proprietor of the great Blue Plate Special eatery in South Orange. Her catering was a staple of many Maplewood events and parties, including Maplewoodstock.

Her husband, Thomas, posted this message on Facebook:

 Folks - I'm sorry to report that my wife Laura Grace Stammers Nichols passed away last night. She was in Long Island helping my sister-in-law Deidre Stammers with funeral preparations for my late brother-in-law Adrian Allain and in the middle of a conversation she had a seizure and fell unconscious. EMTS rushed her to hospital but EMTs and ER team could not revive her. She was gone about 2:30 a.m.
Please keep me and my kids, and Dan Pupke in your prayers. Although Laura and I were living apart, we remained close in the love and support of our children. We will have a wake and funeral at Preston Funeral Home in South Orange/Maplewood - next week - I'll post details when finalized.
Thank you for all your love and peace. - Tommy


A fund has been set up to help cover her funeral costs and other family needs.

Memorial service information is HERE.

Condolences to all who knew her.

No comments: